July 23, 2023
Copenhagen, Denmark
After a slow take off from San Diego Airport (to Toronto) on Canada Airlines and an even slower take off from Toronto, Canada, we arrived in Copenhagen with the expected overcast skies. Oh, a little aside, I gotta say that I am pleased with an idea that I saw someone else do with their ubiquitous hard to differentiate black suitcases -- Put a distinctive marking right on the sides of them so they are easier to pick out. I used painters blue tape for a fun pattern on both sides of each luggage. Worked great.
The transfer from the airport to the cruise ship took quite the circuitous and extra long route - not through central Copenhagen which was the obvious and shortest route. This was quite disappointing because we really didn't get to see much of Copenhagen and the terminal was pretty far out from the city center so going back in after a long travel didn't seem possible. After reading the news I believe the reason for this strange route became quite clear. Apparently there was some concern about the protest/burning of the Quran right in the city of Copenhagen which has become a flash point for the Iraqis who are protesting in Bagdad regarding these actions in Copenhagen and Stockholm. Interesting to be plopped into the middle this divisive issue.
On a less wordly note, we managed to get a very nice upgrade to a suite on the Oceania, Marina. Very comfortable setting.


Comments
Post a Comment